2 Flares 2 Flares ×

Nonito “The Filipino” Flash is planning to ask Japanese sensation Toshiaki Nishioka to undergo a random drug testing before their upcoming title showdown on October 13 at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

Donaire, who will defend his IBF and WBO super bantamweight title and will also try to snatch the WBC Diamond Belt, previously agreed to undergo a year-long drug testing after several doping incidents led to cancelations of big bouts.

Last week, Donaire had his first random drug testing done by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association and the 29-year-old champion felt good about the first procedure done to him.

“That was pretty interesting, because it’s random,” Donaire said in a recent interview with RingTV. “You never know when they’re coming and they just show up right then and there. That was pretty good.”

After undergoing his first random drug testing procedure, Donaire said that he would also invite Nishioka to get tested, not for the reason of accusing Nishioka of taking banned substance but for them to serve as good examples to the rest of the boxers out there.

“I haven’t spoken to him directly about it. But I’m probably going to come out and invite them,” Donaire said. “It would be great if he would agree to it, but it’s really up to him.”

Donaire said that he would take the opportunity to talk with Nishioka about it in their upcoming series of press conferences leading to the fight, but he will not force his Japanese opponent to do it.

According to Donaire, no matter what Nishioka’s decision will be, he will take it with great respect and if ever his request will be turned down, he won’t have any doubts about his opponent.

Donaire is the first boxer to agree to undergo this kind of year-round drug testing procedure.

Photo Credits: ProBoxingInsider.com

Get automatic updates! Subscribe to Our RSS Feed or Get Email Updates sent straight to your inbox!